Even with the large number of flooring options available to homeowners today, tile flooring still remains one of the most popular. Tile flooring comes in both vinyl and ceramic options, and it offers a number of great advantages that make it so popular with homeowners nationwide.
- Tile Flooring Is Durable Carpet can get worn down and develop holes over time. Hardwood floors can get scratched, dented and discolored. Tile flooring, on the other hand, looks great for years even in high traffic areas such as kitchens and entryways.
- Tile Flooring Requires Little Maintenance Cleaning tile is easy as it requires no special cleaning products or tools. Homeowners can simply sweep away dirt and crumbs, wipe up spills and mop with an all-purpose cleaner as needed. Tile requires no refinishing and no deep cleaning, just the occasional sealant application every few years.
- Tile Flooring Can Be Used in Nearly Any Room There are some rooms, such as bathrooms and kitchens, where flooring options like carpet and hardwood are less than ideal. Tile, on the other hand, can be used in any room of the home. Some homes even feature wall-to-wall tile flooring.
- Tile Flooring Comes in a Range of Options With a wide range of colors, shapes, sizes, patterns and textures available, tile is far from a one-size-fits-all flooring option. Tile can be use to create a southwestern feel, a cosmopolitan feel and everything in between. Virtually any color or pattern can be created with tile.
- Tile Flooring is Easy to Install and Repair While tile installation does require a steady hand and attention to detail, the installation process is remarkably simple. Many tiles are peel and stick, which is something many homeowners can do themselves. Plus, if a tile is broken or chipped, the entire floor does not need to be replaced, like homeowners would need to do with carpeting. Homeowners can replace just one tile without anyone being able to tell the difference.