The following types of flooring are pet-friendly:
- Hardwood. Oak, cherry, maple, and bamboo are options that look beautiful and respond well to pets. They come in a variety of finishes to match the style of your home. They’re easy to sweep and vacuum, too!
- Carpet. Part of what makes carpet pet-friendly is how soft it feels to your pets. Carpet is also available in a variety of colors and patterns, making it an enticing way to cover flooring. Clean up is a breeze and replacing a pet-friendly carpet tile takes very little time and effort.
- Stone Tile. This type of tile is durable, pet-friendly, and scratch-resistant. The only downside to tile is that it’s porous, so it requires more upkeep than hardwood and carpet. Stone tile is long lasting, and can be heated using radiant heating or by simply putting down rugs in the rooms that the flooring is in.
How to Choose the Right Floor for Your Pet
There are advantages and disadvantages to each style of pet-friendly flooring. When deciding which of the three to consider, think about the following things:
- What scratching behaviors is your pet most likely to engage in?
- How resistance is the flooring to scratches and damage?
- How does it respond to pet traction and how does it feel on your pet’s paws?
To learn more about the right type of floor for you, contact your nearest Wisconsin FloorQuest location today, or request an estimate online!