Any time people congregate for a meal, carpet stains are inevitable. Did someone spill on your carpet, or did you marr your mother-in-law's flawless dining room floor? Never fear! Check out our tips for Thanksgiving carpet stain removal.
Thanksgiving Carpet Stain Removal
- If someone left a puddle of cranberry sauce on your floor, follow these easy steps for cranberry carpet stain removal:
- First up in carpet stain removal? Use 2-3 moist paper towels to gently blot up the excess cranberry sauce.
- Using cool water, wet an absorbent cloth, then add a dab of dishwashing detergent. Squeezing the cloth to create bubbles, gently blot the carpet stain until you've removed as much as you can.
- Spray the area with water, then blot the stain again with your damp cloth.
- To continue the carpet stain removal, combine ⅔ cup isopropyl alcohol with 1 tbsp white vinegar, then wet another absorbent cloth with the solution and continue blotting at the stain. Let soak for 10 minutes if needed.
- Spray the stained area again with water to remove all white vinegar traces. Using a dry cloth, blot the area dry and finish rinsing.
- Combine 2 cups warm water and 1 tbsp ammonia, then wet a cloth and blot the residual stain with the carpet until the carpet stain removal is complete.
- Start your carpet stain removal by blotting up the stain as much as possible using a white cloth. Continuously shift the cloth to use clean areas when blotting.
- Add a small amount of water to the stain to help dilute the wine, then keep blotting. Use only a bit of water at a time, continuing until the stain won't budge.
- To finish off the carpet stain removal, create a baking soda paste using a 3-1 ratio of baking soda to water. Apply the paste right on the stain, then let it dry before you vacuum it up. That's the last step in wine carpet stain removal.
- Begin the carpet stain removal by removing any excess gravy from the carpet with a paper towel.
- Use talcum powder to cover the gravy stain. It will absorb the oil and moisture from the gravy. Once 10-20 minutes have passed, vacuum up the powder.
- Next, use rubbing alcohol to wet a sponge and dab at the stain.
- Combine 2 cups warm water, 1 tbsp dishwashing detergent, and 1 tbsp white vinegar. Wet a clean cloth with this solution and apply to remaining stain. Rinse the cloth with water throughout the carpet stain removal process, adding more of the solution as you continuously sponge.
- Using another wet, clean cloth, blot the carpet to remove the solution.
- Finally, press dry cloths into the carpet fibers to help with the drying process. Complete the carpet stain removal by allowing the carpet to air dry.
Pumpkin Pie or Sweet Potato
- Remove any large chunks of pumpkin or sweet potato.
- Continue the carpet stain removal by using a damp cloth to gently squeeze the stain out of the carpet fibers.
- Create a solution of 2 cups water and 1 tbsp plain dishwashing detergent, then sponge onto the stained area. Rinse and blot dry.
- Stubborn stain? Time to kick your carpet stain removal into high gear. Combine 1 tbsp nonsudsy ammonia and 2 cups warm water, then blot the stain into submission and your carpet stain removal is done!
For more tips on carpet stain removal or to purchase Stain Removal Products like Stain-X or Capture to protect your beautiful carpet, visit your nearest FloorQuest location. You can also request a design consultation with one of our courteous, expert advisers by contacting us or visiting any of our 4 SHOWROOM LOCATIONS locations to learn more.