- Above Window Storage - Put family heirlooms, stock pots, or other infrequently used items on shelves above your windows to add some decoration while also keeping your lower storage free for popular items.
- Hide in Plain Sight - Use cute bins, baskets, or boxes to contain everything from cookbooks to cutting boards. There are a variety to choose from to match your kitchen theme!
- Rack Them Up - Plate, pot, and mug racks are a great way to keep your kitchen cabinets free for more storage. You can show off your collections while keeping everything neat and tidy.
- Floating Shelves - No matter the size of your kitchen, floating shelves add an element of elegance and whimsy. Use them to frame a window or just to add some dimension to a small space.
- Make a Splash - If you have room for them, back splash shelves can add easy storage while also adding to your kitchen's overall design.
Save Space with Strategic Storage
- Use a Ladder for High Storage - Some kitchens come with high ceilings and hard-to-reach cabinets. Instead of being intimidated by the height, use it to store items you never use and install a sliding ladder.
- Pull-Out Pantry - Rather than just having your spices linger in the back of a dark pantry corner, installing a pull-out pantry means you can access everything in the cabinet without having to dig.
- Disguise Clutter - Chip bags and plastic sacks are a reality in any home. Create a space where you can store clutter, like a pantry or closet, that will hide things away and keep it all organized.
- Store Strategically - Store things that you use most often at hand and put items that are rarely used out of main traffic areas. This will help you grab what you need quickly, but will also help with clean up after meals so you can focus on spending time doing what you love.
- Save Seating Space - Vintage swinging stools or chairs that tuck neatly under a breakfast bar keep walkways clear and tuck away neatly under they're needed.