Even though our Packers didn't make it to the big game this year -- at least the Cardinals didn't either, right? -- we're still fans of great football. There's no better way to enjoy the game than inviting your friends over, putting the game on your big TV, and relaxing with great food and drinks for the biggest TV event of the year. Some of those snacks and drinks can get messy, though. We wanted to give our readers some tips on cleaning up after the party's over and your guests have gone home.
Hardwood floors can be easily maintained, but there are some things you should know:
- Clean spills immediately. No matter what.
- Don't use bleach, harsh detergent or abrasive cleaning pads.
- Don't use a vacuum with hard heads or beater bars.
Laminate floors are notoriously easy to maintain, especially if you follow these tips:
- Clean spills promptly with a cloth or sponge.
- Refrain from using wax or polish.
- Use the wand attachment on your vacuum to clean up crumbs.
Luxury Vinyl Tile & Vinyl Sheet Advice
Vinyl is another easily-maintained flooring option, but can mess things up if you do them improperly. Here's what to do:
- Remove dried spills only with manufacturer-recommended products.
- Don't use abrasive scrubbing tools.
- Don't use your vacuum's beater bar.
FloorQuest knows floors and football. Parties are a ton of fun for hosts and guests alike, but when things go wrong and create stains, you should be prepared. Following the above tips will keep your floors looking new for years to come. For more floor care tips, contact any FloorQuest location today.