Taking Good Care of Your Carpet
Stain Removing Tips
- Always treat the potentially-stained area immediately. The longer the spill sets there, the harder it will be to remove the stain.
- For food spills, gently remove as much food as you can with a spoon or a dull knife. Add water and blot with a mild detergent sparingly, if needed. Then grab your vacuum, set it to the highest suction setting, and vacuum back and forth, adding more water to the stain or until the carpet is completely clean.
- If you need to use a solvent, check the manufacturer’s recommendations and use one of those products.
Keep Your Carpet Beautiful
- Vacuum your carpet regularly using the manufacturer’s recommendation as far as rotating brushes, beater bars or just suction is concerned.
- Consider professional carpet cleaning every 12-18 months depending on foot traffic.
- Never pull on sprouts and snags. Use scissors to clip them so you can avoid damaging your carpet.
- If your carpet is burned, remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibers with fingernail scissors.
- If you rearrange your furniture, remove dents by rubbing the dented area with the edge of a coin.
- If there is extensive water damage, contact a professional cleaning service to dry your carpet from the front and back.
Proudly serving the Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, Waukesha, and Sturtevant areas.